Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Happy Birthday to my mom

Today is my mom's 80th birthday.


My brothers and their families came from B.C and Montreal
to visit this past weekend and we had such a great time!


I really wish we lived closer together -- they are all so fun and wonderful!

I wanted to share the card that I made for her birthday.
I was inspired by the Butterfly Reflections Ink June Mood Board to create my card.


Isn't it fun?
I decided to use my new Flourish stamp set from Concord & 9th to make my card.


I stamped the flowers and leaves in PTI's limeade ice, aqua mist, 
tropical teal, berry sorbet and pure poppy.
I stamped the centres to the blue flowers in versamark and heat embossed
them in Zing! red embossing powder.


I trimmed a strip of navy blue cardstock and heat embossed my
sentiment (from PTI's KIS: birthday) in white.

We all celebrated together on Sunday, but Jonah, Sage & I will be driving
to Winnipeg this afternoon to join my twin brother and his wife
to take my mom out for supper.
You can never have too much celebrating, right? ;)
Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSave

10 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy birthday to your Mom! Great pictures!
Such a bright and beautiful card, Leigh!

Patti said...

Oh Leigh! your mom is as beautiful as you! What a beautiful family you have friend! I love the card you created for her. : )

And those treat bags look delicious!! What a wonderful gift : ) and thank you for the recipe! I'm printing that one! : )

Have a great week!
Patti

Melody said...

I am sure your mom loved the card! Great color combination!

Sharon Underwood said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! So glad the family was able to get together to celebrate. Cherish those moments! Your card is beautiful. Love the pretty colors and the design.

Bobby said...

What a great family picture, Leigh. Happy Birthday to your Mom. I love your card. It would actually make a great fabric design.

Nora Noll said...

What great photos!! Happy Birthday to your mother!! Stunning card!! You totally nailed this color combo!!

Karen B. said...

This is gorgeous! Happy birthday to your mom!

Celeste Goff said...

What an awesome card Leigh! And happy birthday to your mom!

Joyce said...

Happy birthday to your mom. I'll bet she loved this gorgeous card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mom! And I'm so glad you were able to have a get together! And I'm sure she loved your beautiful card!