Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Papertrey Ink's June Create Along with Us

Today, I have a card to share for Papertrey Ink's June Create Along with Us,
where I was inspired by this card by the fabulous Amy Sheffer:
 
 
Isn't it super fun?
I love how she used the Big Sky Cover Plate and added the buildings.
I decided to use the same cover plate, but teamed it with Pedal Pusher instead.
 
 
 
 
I started by diecutting a piece of white cardstock with the Big Sky Cover Plate
and layering it over a piece of aqua mist cardstock.
I added some Hawaiian shores ink to it using my blending tool
and stamped the buildings using an image from the Masterpiece kit.
I stamped the bike from Pedal Pusher onto its coordinating diecut
in Green Parakeet and versafine onyx black.
For the ground, I cut two strips of cardstock and blended ink
onto them using green parakeet and Altenew evening grey.
I diecut the green one using a Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Border die.

 
I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of cardstock, like Amy did.
I stamped it first in green parakeet and then, using my MISTI,
stamped it a second time, after I inked up only the top part
using Versafine Onyx Black ink.
 
Thanks for looking!

26 comments:

Birgit said...

Beautiful, Leigh! This is such a sweet take on Betsy's card!!

Annheidel said...

Super cute! It never occurred to me to pair Pedal Pusher with that cloud die, but it works perfectly. Love your colors!

Karen B. said...

I adore the details on this card!

lorrane said...

both are such lovely cards

Susi said...

Great CASE of Amy's card! Love how the 2 sentiments are so similar in LO and of course, colour!

Vicki Finger said...

I love your card, Leigh and especially the colors!

Unknown said...

Wow you caugth a moment! Your card looks great!

Australe said...

it's a very nice card, I love details and layout :)
XoXo

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful card, Leigh, and great take on Amy's card! The bicycle worked well for this design. I think I need some Green Parakeet as love that color.

Kay Miller said...

Leigh you did an amazing job on this!! I loved Amy's cards so much and I love yours too!

Linda said...

Fabulous take on Amy's card, Leigh. Love the colors.

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! Your card is amazing!! I think I like it better then the one that you were inspired by!! I think I might have to CASE it!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh I just LOVE this design Leigh!! Gorgeous details and fab CASE!! :) HUGS

Diane Jaquay said...

Love how you were inspired by Amy's card, Leigh, wonderful work!

Shelly said...

YOu did a wonderful job using Amy's card for inspiration. I love the bike! My 9 year old daughter loved it soo much I had to show her the stamp set in the store as she is trying to decide how to spend her birthday money!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Awesome! Great take on the challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Shhh... don't tell, but I like your's with the bike better!! Beautifully done Leigh!!

Nancy Penir said...

Love your case, Leigh. Just might have to case your case! Love it with the bike!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great take on the inspiration card! Love the bike!

Marcia Hill said...

Fabulous card Leigh! Colorful and FUN!! Love it!! :0)

Barbara said...

Love your fun idea to use the bike!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, SO adorable, Leigh! I LOVE this!!

Diana K said...

Super cute and so well done. You did a fabulous CASE!

paperkicks said...

Super cute card, Leigh! Your take on the inspiration is awesome...love the impressions of the clouds you made with the die, and aren't you loving Parakeet Green? Not only do I want to car dies, but your bicycle makes me want that set as well! Nicely done!!

Bobby said...

I can see every inch of how you were inspired to make this fabulous card, Leigh.

Patti said...

Oh Leigh!! this is so darn sweet!! I NEED to CASE this one : )

Are you seeing this on the road? : ) I hope so because you should not have to wait to get all these well deserved compliments!! : )

(((Hugs)))
Patti