Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Tasty Tropics



It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!


The LEAD of the Tasty Tropics Challenge will be invited as a 
Guest Designer in a future challenge!
Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge Blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

After seeing the inspiration photo, I immediately thought of using my



I started by using a stencil to apply some ink mixed with water to my background
for a watercolour effect.
I stamped my Pineapples Aplenty stamps (in Wplus9 Hayride and PTI Green Parakeet
and New Leaf, doing a rock 'n roll technique with my MISTI)
onto the coordinating Pineapples Aplenty Confetti Cuts.



I stamped the Garden Bunch flowers onto their Garden Bunch Confetti Cuts 
in Wplus9 Sweet Gelato and Hayride inks.
Then, I stamped the detailed stamps overtop in versamark and heat embossed them in white.
I added some leaves from All Apples stamped on the coordinating All Apples Confetti Cuts.
I stamped the sentiment (from Donut You Know) in versafine onxy black ink.


 

 

 



Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!
for the challenge details and to play along with us!


Oh, and before you go, there are some fun announcements
up on the Reverse Confetti Blog today that you might want to check out.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a cool card. So fresh and fun!

Melody said...

Love these pretty colors together! The sun rays in the background are the perfect touch!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very fun take on the inspiration!

Diane Jaquay said...

Really fun and vibrant, love this, Leigh!!

Lynn said...

Love those flowers with the pineapple. Such a fun tropical card.

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly tropically delightful!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh this is such a gorgeous card, Ii love that you used so many sets to create it!

laurie said...

I'm lovin' that pineapple!Such a SWEET card!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so sweet! I love your idea to combine the flowers with the pineapple!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Leigh. Love the pretty pink flowers with the pineapple. The rays look great in the background.

Celeste Goff said...

What an awesome and happy card Leigh!

SonjaK said...

Such a great inspiration for the challenge! Pinapple sure are my favorite tropical treat - if only I had a pineapple stamp, or die, or whatever. ;o) I love how you've nested the fruit in a bed of flowers. And thanks for linking up my blog. So very kind of you! :o)