Sunday, June 12, 2016

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 284

Well, I finally got some time to play with my MFT Funky Florals kit
and have two cards to share that I made using it.

I made the first one using the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge 284:


And here's my card:


I started by masking off a strip using post it notes and blending some Altenew
Morning Frost ink onto it. Then, before removing the post it notes,
I stamped it with the background stamp from the kit in Evening Gray.


I diecut my square using PTI's Shaker Shapes: Squares  and stamped
my sentiment (PTI's KIS: Birthday) in onyx black ink.
I stamped my leaves (using the same greys as above) and blooms (using
PTI's Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst,  Raspberry Fizz and MFT's Ripe Raspberry  
onto their coordinating diecuts.

I stamped some extra flowers (using my MISTI makes this super quick)
and put together a second card.


This time, I started with a soft stone card panel and blended ink and stamped
the same way as the first card, but along the one side.
I stamped the leaves directly onto the background
and added the diecuts. 


I stamped the sentiment using SSS's Big Scripty Sentiments.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Betty said...

two really pretty cards Leigh - love the pinks and gray together

Karen B. said...

Love how these are bold but with softer colors.

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh both of your card are beautiful, love the ink colours you chose!

Lisa Elton said...

Fresh and lovely Leigh, perfect summer cards!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is gorgeous!