Monday, June 13, 2016

Essentials by Ellen June Mix it Up Challenge

Today, I have two cards to share for the 
I've been wanting to play along with this challenge ever since
I got my Mondo Hydrangea stamp set,
but I haven't had any stamp sets from the companies they've featured.
Until now....
For their June Mix it Up Challenge, they're featuring Technique Tuesday
and I own a Technique Tuesday stamp set.
So, I created two cards combining these two sets....

and wanted to try this using my Mondo Hydrangea stamps.
However, I wasn't thinking, and stamped my image onto white cardstock
instead of watercolour paper.
So, I decided to make two cards with the same placement of the stamps,
but I coloured them using different techniques.


For the card on the white cardstock, I coloured in my images by pressing
acrylic ink (PTI harvest gold, lovely lady, hibiscus burst & Altenew
soft lilac, lavender fields and evening grey) and used
a paintbrush and water to colour them ink.


Once dry, I stamped my sentiments from my Technique Tuesday stamp set.


Now, for my watercolour panel, I used my Zig markers with a paintbrush
and water, but I found that for some of the colours, they didn't blend as 
well, so I had to colour onto my acrylic block a little to add the colour
to my card.


I stamped the sentiment in versamark onto a piece of black
cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

I apologize for the poor photos, by the way.
It was dark and gloomy all day yesterday when I tried to take photos of them.
They look a lot better in real life. ;)

Thanks for looking!
SaveSave

12 comments:

Betty said...

both cards are so pretty Leigh - love the soft colors and the designs - I always stamp on Bristol paper when I'm using Zigs - works the best for me

Kim S said...

Beautifully soft and elegant - LOVE them both!

Miriam Prantner said...

Just beautiful! Love the softness in the painting!

Karen B. said...

I am always too late to photograph my cards in just the right light! Your cards are beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

So soft and lovely!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, Miss Lady!

Lisa Elton said...

What soft lovely colors Leigh! These are delicate and ever so pretty!!

Celeste Goff said...

I agree with Lisa, love the soft and pretty colors!

Bobby said...

I'm with Betty, Leigh. Bristol board works best with Zigs but I love the way the different mediums look with that lovely hydrangea.

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous, Leigh, and congrats on your win over at Ellen's!

SmilynStef said...

Huge congrats on your win ... love this.

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Oh wow... Leigh, it's so beautiful!
Love the soft background, and the sentiment on black is a great combination!