Monday, June 20, 2016

Merci Beaucoup

Recently, Sage's teacher requested a card from me.
Every year, the students in the French Immersion program
have a French Monitor who comes from Quebec to
help our students with their French.
This year, they had Madame Roxanne.

It was Madame Roxanne's last day,
so Madame Andrews (Sage's teacher) asked if I could make
a "merci" card for Madame Roxanne.

I immediately thought of using my PTI Floral Wrap set,
because it has a gorgeous "Merci Beaucoup" sentiment.


My initial plan was to stamp all over my back panel with
the Merci Beaucoup sentiment, but when I was done,
there were some smudges on the right hand side.
So instead, I decided to use it as a border (waste not, want not!)



I stamped the bouquets on their coordinating diecuts
and adhered them to my card, stamping the sentiment
on the front panel,
A button and twine finishes it off.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh this is so gorgeous! I'm sure she was thrilled with the card!

Diana K said...

C'est trop mignon!

merryf said...

Beautiful, Leigh!

!neke said...

Love it !!!!!

Karen B. said...

Clever idea and oh so beautiful with the stamped strip!

Ruth said...

What a perfect gift. I love the pink and black together and the flowers are really nicely done. Xx

Celeste Goff said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous Leigh!

Lisa Elton said...

So very pretty Leigh!! I'm sure she was tickled pink to receive this!!

Bobby said...

I actually think it looks better this way, Leigh. Just enough word border to not distract from the lovely pink posies.

Megan Carroll said...

I love this card Leigh!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and chic. I love the trim too - as we say in the knitting world, it's not a mistake, it's a design feature!