Friday, May 04, 2012
Five for Friday
1. On Sunday, we attended the Morden Festival of the Arts highlights concert, where Sage performed her French poem that she'd presented for Speech Arts. She was the only one to perform a French poem at the concert! And, both she and Jonah won awards for how well they'd performed their poems. I was so happy for them!
2. The other morning, when I woke up, I could hear Jonah & Sage talking softly. I got up to check and here's what I found:
Jonah had climbed into Sage's bed and was reading to her! It was so sweet, I had to grab my camera to take a picture!
3. They also got pretty creative this week and set up a sumo wrestling ring in the basement, stuffed some pillows in their clothes and played "Penner Sumo Wrestling":
4. Austin was honoured in taekwondo this week.... Master Braun called him to the front of the class to present him with this mini-target key-chain and spoke about the growth she'd noticed in him since becoming a poom belt... how she appreciated his volunteering for the whole day at the tournament, his willingness to work with the new students in class and how she sees him becoming a young leader in the club. I was super proud!
He's got a big day, today, too... This afternoon, he's working at the town library to raise money for their student council's work-a-thon and then tonight, we're having his birthday party (I cannot believe he's turning 13 next week!) He got to pick what we do for his party, so we're going to see The Avengers in the theatre tonight.
5. I got another layout and card done for Kelly Purkey's sketchbook class...I'm up to #11. Only one left and I've finished the workshop. :)
Here's my layout:
I used Echo Park patterned paper, Papertrey Ink cardstock (harvest gold), stamps (Simply You, Movers & Shakers Sentiments) and dies (Edger's #5). The decorative brads are all My Mind's Eye.
For the title, I used the "YOU" from Simply You and then modified the "You're all these things and more" stamp, by selectively inking the "re all these things and more" and then masking so I could stamp just the "A" at the front.
Because the layout was so full, I decided to include some hidden journaling behind the patterned paper, so with the Edger #5 dies. You pull it out to read it -- some mushy stuff about how I love being his mom. ;)
And here's the card I made, using another one of Nichole's colour combinations for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink.
I used PTI cardstock (aqua mist, fine linen, berry sorbet, simply chartreus & rustic white), stamps (rosie posie, happy day) & dies (rosie posie, happy day, quatrefoil plate). I used the quatrefoil plate as an impression plate instead of a die. I also stamped with the matching ink on the cardstock to create my flowers.
Thanks for looking!