Thursday, May 24, 2012

hello, sunshine

I received some new goodies from Papertrey Ink yesterday and decided to play with some of them, to make another card for this week's Make It Monday at PTI: mixing patterned papers.


I used PTI cardstock (stamper's select white, canyon clay), ink (dark chocolate, simply chartreuse, fine linen, aqua mist), stamps (on the farm, nativity silhouettes additions, think big favourites #15), impression plate (simple stripes) and dies (flipping out.) I also hunted through my scraps for Betsy's MIM challenge and chose some from different manufacturers: Crate Paper (flip flops), Fancy Pants (tone on tone green and stripes) and My Mind's Eye (Chevron).

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Elena said...

Yay! So happy to hear that you got your new stuff (because it means that I'll have my new stuff soon too, lol!). Love how breezy your card feels - the color scheme is fantastic!

Sherri said...

Those flip flops are stinkin' adorable!

Sonia said...

Fantastic card! I love the soft colors and overall feel f the card- nice job!!!!!!

The Paper Parade said...

I love how you stamped the "grass" as "sand" and that you stamped the image twice on top of itself! I just love this card, it is totally awesome :)

Kara said...

love it!! mine just arrived today!!

Mayol said...

This is so cute, Leigh! The flip flops are adorable! Love what you did with the sentiment placement!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous!!! Wonderful card!

Rhonda said...

Great colors Leigh! I love the background stamp. Wish I could just buy that one.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, you created such a great scene! The font & the sentiment is just perfection.

Joyce said...

Oh, you really pulled out all the stops for this one. Love this incredible scene you created, and especially the way you aligned your sentiment.

Marybeth said...

Love it! Such a pretty card, and scene.

Gerdine said...

It is a beauty!! Love the summer feeling!

Amy Kolling said...

Gosh this is one FABULOUS card Leigh!! I love the scene you created!!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Look at you with your little palm tree and flip flops! Looks like you had some fun with this card.

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous card, I am really loving that palm tree in the background and my just have to bite the bullet and the set it is in. The colors are so soft and scram summer to me, so amazing!

Sue Ann said...

GREAT DAY!!! This card makes me feel like I am there under the palm tree sipping on a margarita....... I can hear Jimmy Buffett singing. Back to reality ....... hot cup of tea and Elmo LOL

Shelly said...

I love this! I am pinning it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Talk about maximizing your stamp sets!!! Love how you used the palm tree! Super Duper Awesome Card!