Tuesday, May 15, 2012

He loves...


I can't believe it's already May 15th! This month is just flying by!

I have to admit that it snuck up on me, and I realized yesterday that I didn't have a sketch & a layout ready for today's post. So, I went online and found a great sketch at Page Maps:


I love using just one photo on my layouts, but I know that others prefer to be able to include more. So I thought this sketch would be great for that.... you could have up to three square photos, or change up the design to six squares (two rows of three) and fill in the squares however you'd like. Lots of options!

I took inspiration from this card and pulled out some My Mind's Eye patterned papers.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (canyon clay), stamps (wonderful word additions-- some selective inking to make the "loves", Simply You -- some selective inking to stamp the "awesome" on the double ended banner by Jonah's photo, Movers & Shakers sentiments) & dies (Layerz Mat Stack #5, Tag It's #5 (to make the row of banners) and Edgers' #5) I also used My Mind's Eye decorative brads & Bazzill cardstock (12x12).

I decided to use the square for the journaling on the sketch to showcase that cool image, so I tucked my journaling in the top pocket instead:


And here's a close-up of my banner, where I added some decorative brads, being inspired by this month's challenge on the MME blog.


And a few more decorative brads added here, too (they're addictive, I tell you!):


If you make a layout using this sketch, I'd love to see it! You can either post a link in my comments below or here on the PTI forum. I'd love to see what you make with it!

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Karen C. said...

Wonderful combination of papers and design details, Leigh. I really like how you've used the journalling card, too!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh wow, this sketch is great in itself, but I definitely think you made it even better! I love the interactive part of it.

Brenda Smith said...

I'm a new follower of your blog. I found you via your LO in the June issue of Scrapbook Trends. I love your style. So clean and refreshing!

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty. Love the banner. You did an awesome job with that sketch.

Deb said...

Love this, Leigh! So many possibilities! I can't wait to play! The selective stamping, banner, pull out journal card! Awesome!!

Rachel S said...

Great card, like always! I am very much impressed with your work..Your colors are great, too. I wish I could put colors together like you do!

Kara said...

great page..love the banner and the bike!

Cassi said...

love your brad banner!

Jodi_E said...

This layout is fantastic. I love the colors and the banner.

Irma said...

Great layout Leigh! I always love your style. I hope to be able to participate soon!