Monday, May 21, 2012

A card for a couple of challenges

I wanted to share a card that I made with this week's Make It Monday at PTI: mixing patterned papers.

I decided to use some coordinating My Mind's Eye patterned paper from my stash to make it. I also used some inspiration from this card by Michelle Wooderson, for Monday with Melis Challenge #6 on the PTI forum.


I also used PTI cardstock (rustic white), stamps (Botanical Silhouettes), button, twine and dies (tag sale #5, Beautiful Butterflies).

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Beautiful card Leigh! Love the diagonal stripes on the butterfly- it really creates a strong focal point!

Tamara said...

This is so beautiful, Leigh! I just love everything you make. You have such a pretty, soft style. Thanks for sharing!

Nancy Guse said...

Beautiful card, love the pattern papers!!

Linda said...

Really pretty card, Leigh. I just love butterflies.

Jill Norwood said...

Leigh - this is so beautiful! Butterflies make me smile! Love the colors!

Jacquie Southas said...

such pretty paper - loved the diagonal stripe on the butterfly

Colleen said...

Very very pretty card...I love the colors and the nice accents you used..the papers are such a nice color combo! Love your butterfly!

Mayol said...

Great combination of patterned papers! Lovely card, Leigh!

Joyce said...

Just gorgeous, Leigh. I love how you've got a butterfly theme echoed in your paper, and your colors are really beautiful.

Rhonda said...

Great card Leigh. Love all the sewing too.

The Paper Parade said...

Its beautiful! Perfect choices on the patterned paper, and I love the way you used that "banner" and the stitching!

victoria h said...

Beautiful stitching and patterned papers on your card. Love it!

Chrissy Larson said...

Gorgeous colors and patterns! What a great card!

Kara said...

love your paper choices...the butterfly paper is so pretty!

samantha's cards said...

Beautiful card!

Kim Heggins said...

Leigh, so beautiful and elegant!

Viki said...

Love this card!

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love your photography!