Wednesday, May 02, 2012

A Mother's Day Card


Today, I'm sharing a Mother's Day card that I made yesterday, for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Using Colour Inspiration.

I chose this colour combo, which was a stretch for me, as I'd never thought of mixing melon berry and lavender mist together!
 

And here's my card:


I don't own any lavender mist ink, so I decided to use the technique that Maile Belles shared recently on her blog: heat embossing on coloured cardstock, which worked well, using clear embossing powder.

I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (soft stone, melon berry, fine linen, lavender mist), buttons (lavender mist, melon berry, fine linen), stamps (pretty peonies, rose posie, bb:houndstooth) and dies (rosie posie).

Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Very pretty! I like the clear embossing. :)

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Nice. I like how it all came together.

Elena said...

it's fabulous, Leigh! love the mix of houndstooth with the rosie posie flowers.

Joyce said...

So pretty. I love how you combined those colors.

pamela said...

This is the next set of colors I'm going to attempt!! Is that the PTI old Smokey Shadow ink?

BethieJ said...

Leigh this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the color combo you picked!! Great job!!
Have a GREAT day!

Kristen :-) said...

Lovely as ALWAYS :-) I really like the simple hint of houndstooth in the background. Adds just a little bit extra to the feel of the card!

Jill said...

You are so brave, Leigh--some of those color combos intimidate the heck out of me! I love your background swath of houndstooth contrasted with the feminine posies and buttons!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

So pretty Leigh! I love the color combo in your card, not so much in the inspiration photo!!

Mariana said...

Awesome card, I was afraid of the color combos, they have so many colors!! But your card makes it look beautiful and clean!! Love it!

pamela said...

I think it's safe to say that for ALL the color combinations from the MIM, I would've NEVER thought of using those colors together! I really want to attempt this one and you managed to do it so beautifully! The colors just scream Mother's Day & Wedding, but the only color I have is Smokey Shadow *OTL

Deb said...

Lovely card. The color combos are fabulous, but I seem to be missing one or two from each. Ugh!

Unknown said...

So pretty. Great idea using Maile's technique in place of the ink. I'll have to remember that one.

Suzanne Russell said...

You used these colors perfectly for this challenge! This was my first choice, but i couldn't pull it together. Love the herringbone!

Kim Heggins said...

Leigh, just so beautiful and what I really love about your card is the trio of buttons below the sentiment, just so clever. Very beautiful!

Kara said...

very pretty..i need to start on mothers day too!

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Leigh, wow Mother's Day is almost here.

LEG Studios said...

What a pretty card for Mom, Leigh! That shade of grey is lovely - would you share which it is?