Monday, May 07, 2012

The only layout...

... that I got done on National Scrapbooking Day weekend.

Normally, I make it a habit to participate in NSD online crops, but this weekend, it just didn't happen. We had Austin's birthday party on Friday night (we went to see The Avengers), the taekwondo promotion test on Saturday, followed by some weather that was just too nice to ignore (we went to play tennis) and a couple of movie nights (Iron Man & Iron Man 2, because I really liked him in the Avengers...). I did manage to fit in some scrapbooking time yesterday afternoon, in between a trip to the playground, so I made this layout for Valerie Salmon's 5 Year Anniversary Sketch Challenge. The challenge was to use: 5 photos, 5 patterned papers and a cluster of 5 embellishments.

I pulled out some new Pink Paislee patterned papers and my photos from the piano festival and made this:


In addition to the Pink Paislee patterned papers, I used Bazzill cardstock (white), Papertrey Ink cardstock (ocean tides) and dies (script alphabet, double-ended banner, notched flower), My Mind's Eye decorative brads and a scrap of The Girl's Paperie Xmas patterned paper to make my flower.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great LO! Hope you had a great weekend!

Elena said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! That LO challenge sounded hard, withnall you had to fit in, but you worked it out!

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous, Leigh! I love the mix of colors and the patterns...I don't know how you managed to squeeze so many photos into this layout so perfectly!

Unknown said...

I always look forward to your pages. You attention to the little details is amazing. Beautiful!!

Rhonda said...

Love the soft colors Leigh. So glad you take pictures with YOU in them.

pamela said...

I love seeing how people use the script letter dies! I didn't want to get it at first since I'm happy with my block alphas, but my mom really really wanted the scripties... so I got them for her - but she barely uses them >_<

Mayol said...

Awesome layout, Leigh! Love the colors - they very nicely enhance the photos! (by the way,is it because of RDJ in Iron Man or the character Tony Stark that you like? :) i went to see the Avengers movie because of RDJ LOL!)