Five for Friday
Friday, May 11, 2012
1. I was so excited to see whole watermelons in the grocery store this week! We bought a 26 lb. one on Wednesday and it's almost half gone! Summer is on its way!
2. Austin turned 13 this week, Wednesday-- I am officially the mother of a teenager! Eeek!
I said to him Wednesday evening: "So, I'm thinking the teen years will be the best ones yet. Okay?" He said: "Sure." So, it's all settled. ;)
For his birthday, we gave him a teen Bible:
And a remote control helicopter:
Here are some photos I took on Wednesday evening:
This next one is my favourite! LOL!
3. Jonah got pink eye this week, so he's been home from school for the last three days. I've been staying home with him, which has been nice, since he's been able to help me a little with some yard work. ;)
4. I picked out my Mother's Day present on Tuesday. I wanted a new trellis for the front of our house for my clematis. I needed something narrow, so I'd picked up one at Canadian Tire. It was a little short, but Cam thought we could add to the bottom to make it taller. Then, at Walmart, I saw this one and fell in love with the little birds on it:
I took the other trellis out of my van and needed to put it somewhere temporarily until I returned it, so I put it here beside my front door...
And I kind of like how it looks there. I'm picturing getting a shade loving vine to climb up it.... what do you think? Should I keep them both?
5. And lastly, a crafty share.... I made this card using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: background patterns from patterned paper scraps.
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (vintage cream, hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz), stamps (pretty peonies), felt (simply chartreuse) and dies (notched flowers, turning a new leaf). The patterned paper is all scraps of The Girl's Paperie and the brad is a SU! build-a-brad (I ♥ these!)
Thanks for looking!