Sunday, May 06, 2012

Some masculine birthday cards, part 1


A woman at my church who likes my cards, recently asked me to make eight birthday cards for her. She wanted four feminine ones and four masculine ones. The feminine ones were easy-peasy. The masculine ones were a little more difficult...

Here's one of the cards I made here, using another one of Nichole's colour combinations for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink.


It seemed like a good combo for a masculine card. ;)

I needed to tweak the combo slightly because I don't have any terracotta tile ink, so I substituted Canyon Clay. I hope this is okay!

I was inspired by the Sketchbook 4 #12 sketch to make this card:



I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (vintage cream, kraft, aqua mist), stamps (distressed stripes, tag sale #5, Movers & Shakers sentiments) & buttons.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

What a cool card! Definitely modern and masculine. And the Canyon Clay works well in place of Terracotta Tile, no worries!

Rhonda said...

Great card Leigh! love the strong lines.