Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A pocket card -- MIM #68

I wanted to make a card for a friend to encourage them this week... so, I decided to make a pocket card, after seeing this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: pocket cards.

Here it is:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (sweet blush), stamps (Simply You, Lace Bouquet), ink (canyon clay, scarlet jewel), button (canyon clay) and twine. The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye and the ribbon is Offray.

The inside pulls out like this, where I'll write something encouraging...


Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Tara LeClaire said...

Very nice! She is lucky to have you :)

Tamara said...

Beautiful! I love the color combo - not something I would have thought of, but so pretty.

Joyce said...

Wow, Leigh. I go away for a couple of days, and look at what I missed. Your blog hop card is just stunning. I love all the flower layers. Those baby thank yous are so adorable, and will be much appreciated, and I love your take on this week's MIM technique.

Kim Heggins said...

This is so sweet and your stitching so perfect. Beautiful card.

Tracy said...

this is just so very pretty - and i love that canon clay on the blush...

Kara said...

really beautiful...the colors are so wonderful!

Colleen said...

Your card is so pretty...and I love how you stitched around the entire pocket! The Lace Bouquet looks great for this card!

cards by cara said...

So very pretty, Leigh!!

Jill Norwood said...

A very beautiful card! Love the colors combo you chose! Gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card Leigh. The colours are fantastic!

Suzanne Russell said...

Hi Leigh! Love the creative color combo and the stamp choices as well. A beautifully feminine card indeed.

Kelly Griglione said...

Really nice mixing the stamps and colors, Leigh! Beautiful card!

Mayol said...

Beautiful! Love how you coordinated the pattern papers and the stamped images and colors! (P.S. Everytime you use the Lace Bouquet set, you are making me want it heehee!)