Sunday, May 13, 2012

A rainbow greeting

After working hard in my backyard yesterday afternoon, I was able to spend a little crafty time in my basement where I made two cards, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: background patterns from patterned paper scraps.

 Here's the first card. I thought the sentiment stamp needed a rainbow to go with it, so I stacked up some patterned paper scraps to make one.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white, classic kraft), stamps (movers & shakers sentiments) & dies (happy day, clouds). The patterned paper is all Crate Paper, except the green polka-dots, which is My Mind's Eye. I added some Martha Stewart glitter to the clouds.

 I stitched a pocket to slip in a continuation to the sentiment:


 Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

How cool! Leigh, I must say that I just adore the label over the clouds. Loving the sewn textured strips too. Very clever. Fab card!

Kim Heggins said...

What a fabulous card Leigh, a sweet rainbow of color beneath some soft puffy clouds, just so much fun!

pamela said...

Pretty! I think this is my favorite sentiment from the stamp set!

Elena said...

so sweet!

The Paper Parade said...

Gorgeous colors! Love the clouds behind the sentiment, and the way you pull the sentiment strip out!

Mayol said...

Very lovely! i went oooh-ing at the rainbow PPs. The cloud arrangement behind the happy day die is just heaven!

Cassi said...

brilliant design -- just love it!