Friday, May 18, 2012

Five for Friday

1. We celebrated a nice Mother's Day on Sunday. As part of my gift, I requested that we take some photos on our front step with our camera's self-timer & tripod...





Later that afternoon, my mom and her friend, Jim, came over for a visit and stayed for supper.


2. Today marks 139 days for me without sugar & deep-fried foods....

This is going fairly well. A lot of my food options are limited, but I just make sure that I have lots of fresh fruit in the house (my favourites lately are watermelon, strawberries and grapes-- yum!) I'm always a little surprised though at what tempts me... Yesterday at supper, it was the ice cream treats my kids were having... and then later that evening, it was the leftover Lindt Easter bunner that my mom had given Sage on Sunday. It just smelled so good! But, I resisted! LOL!

I haven't gone to the clinic to weigh myself lately, but I have noticed that all of my spring clothes are fitting nicely and nothing has been too tight!


3. It's been so nice this week that we've been spending quite a few of our afternoons & evenings (before tkd) outside: going for bike rides & playing tennis.

 
4. Austin's Jr. High did a musical production of Annie Jr. this week and Austin played the part of Drake, the butler. He had spoken lines, sang, danced and was in several scenes.... and he did a terrific job! Here are a few photos:






5. I made a card for him to let him know how proud I am of him: the commitment he showed to rehearsing and the effort he put into his part-- that all paid off with truly wonderful performances!


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic white, canyon clay), stamps (Label Basics, Wonderful Words Additions, Movers & Shakers Sentiments) and dies (uppercase block alphabet, seeing stars.) I also used My Mind's Eye patterned paper and decorative brad.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Great pictures of your family.
Congratulations on your goal to eat properly. my will power is not as strong as yours.
Great card for your son. Love the color combination. the sentiment is perfect.

Sara Mac said...

What a wonderful card Leigh. I love all the words and how you laid them out. Just perfect. Great family photos too.

Karen C. said...

What a great week with your family, Leigh! Your pictures are wonderful. Austin's card is a great way to combine so many stamps and design features. Have a great week-end!

Deb said...

Fabulous card! I love your Friday posts. It's like catching up with family. I am so proud of you and your no sugar or deep fried foods. What an accomplishment!!! Love the family photos as well. With my sister visiting this weekend, I just might convince her to take a few.

Elena said...

You're so disciplined! I don't how you do it :) have a great weekend!

The Paper Parade said...

You're doing so great with the willpower! Wow! And the pics of your son's play are great :) That card? Oh my! I love the colors and the large "you."

The Paper Parade said...

P.S. and great family pics in front of the house! I love that red door with the grey accent wall :)

Inkyfingers said...

I bet your son was thrilled with his card Leigh and the show looks so professional. Great pics of the family.